Saturday, April 4, 2009

4/4 Marguerite Duras

Today feels like a good reason to post two of my favourite pictures of one of my favourite authors. Marguerite Duras (author of the lover, Hiroshima mon amour etc) We share the same birthday date (Today!) She was born on 4 april 1914 and lived until 3 mars 1996. I love these two pictures so much, she was radiant throughout. The first is by unknown and the second of Richard Avedon, the one and only. Now I am off for cookies and cake!


2 comments:

becky said...

Happy Birthday for the other day!!!

And I love those photos, the last one suprised me though, I've only really seen Avedon's more commercial fashion stuff. I like this one!

xx

anna said...

Thank you!!!

Marguerite Duras was so so beautiful it didn't matter how old she got, she still glows.

I really recommend avedons portraits, he is one of the truly best masters of photography. Perfection.

Xx